Project Management Overview
Benefits for the participants:
- Gain awareness of the elements of project-management
- Identify the critical components needed for successful project management
- Expand the repertoire of formats and scheduling methods
- Managers identify clients, objectives, and requirements needed to succeed
- Projects are well-planned and kept under control
- Suitable charts, graphs, and resources are used to manage schedules and costs
- Appropriate corrective and preventive action is taken when faced with changes
Although projects are temporary in nature, they do have a beginning and end. Since this is what differentiates projects from the day to day work of a business, special skills are needed to manage the different elements of the project.
With defined projects and cross functional teams becoming an increasingly important part of the modern organization, proactive management of each phase of a project is critical to success in the workplace.
This program is designed to enable participants to identify the issues and opportunities within the stages of project management, understand how to use suitable tools in managing a project, and learn and practice techniques required to manage projects successfully.
What You Will Cover:
- Opening Activities
- 64 Squares
- Defining Project Planning
- Project-Management Process Stages
- Success Factors for Each Stage
- The Stages of Project Management Step by Step
- Definition Stage
- Planning Stage
- Gantt Charting
- An Introduction to PERT
- Robbery: Planning with PERT
- Cost Dimensions in Planning
- Implementation Stage
- Follow-Up Stage
- Closing Activities
- Closing review
Training needs are our top priority
If you have a question, request or a concern, we want to help you. You may contact a Mercer Institute representative by e-mail with the form below.