Celebrating Diversity in the Workplace
Benefits for the participants:
- Describe what diversity and its related terms mean
- Explain how changes in the world have affected you and your view
- Identify your stereotypes
- Take action if you or one of your employees feels discriminated against
- Develop a management style to encourage diversity
More than ever, a workplace is a diverse collection of individuals proud of who they are: their gender, their sexual orientation, their religion, their ethnic background, and all the other components that make an individual unique.
One of the challenges for workplace leaders is how to help these diverse individuals work as a team. We all know what happens to organizations that don’t have effective teamwork: they fail. And, failing to embrace diversity can also have serious legal costs for corporations.
This one-day workshop will give you ways to celebrate diversity in the workplace while bringing individuals together.
What You Will Cover:
- Define Diversity and related terms
- How Does Diversity Affect Me?
- Identifying Stereotypes
- Dealing with Discrimination
- Managing for Diversity