Dealing With Difficult People
Benefits for the participants:
- Recognize how their own attitudes and actions impact others
- Use new and effective techniques for dealing with difficult people
- Use techniques for managing and dealing with anger.
- Develop coping strategies for dealing with difficult people and difficult situations
We can get into a routine where it feels like everyone we speak with is either having a bad day, or we are having a bad day ourselves. We feel like we constantly meet people who seem to be inconsiderate, stubborn, incorrigible, indecent, miserable, or passive-aggressive. Sometimes we can be equally awkward ourselves.
While it might seem that the easiest remedy is to lock yourself up at home and avoid people, we eventually have to pick up the phone or step outside and interact with someone.
Success comes from understanding how we behave, as well as how we can influence others. If difficult interactions are necessary, and we approach those conversations with a plan, we will find that we have less difficult people to deal with.
More often than not, we will also have more meaningful and significant conversations. In this workshop, you will learn how to turn difficult situations into opportunities for growth.
What You Will Cover:
- Opening activities
- Customer dissatisfaction
- Why are people are so difficult
- The Great Customer Attitude Shift
- Customer rage
- The Emotional Charge
- Personal Resourcefulness
- Personal Control
- Reactions and triggers
- Upset, Set down, Setup
- Dealing with Upset Clients
- Problem solving principles
- The Four Step Process
- Process simulation
- Closing Activities
- Learning Journal Review
4 to 8 hours