Benefits for the participants:
- Utilize decision making tools in the management of subordinates and relationship building with customers
- Understand how to develop and mentor staff
- Interpret and communicate their organization’s mission and vision
- Use strategies that will enable their team to take a proactive approach toward change
Leadership derives from character. This refers to the strengths of a manager to collaborate willingly, to adapt quickly, and to persevere in uncertain situations.
The differences between leadership and management are striking. A manager is promoted into a position. A leader has to develop the role of influencing and inspiring others to execute a plan.
This workshop will provide specific methods for succeeding as a leader, including how to set the right goals, communicate ideas, and deliver results.
Today’s workforce responds to leadership that follows a coaching or mentoring model.
To examine this model more fully the participants will evaluate various decision-making processes for managing relationships, internally and externally, for greater impact.
What You Will Cover:
- Basic Principles for a Collaborative Workplace
- Establishing Performance Expectations
- Developing Job Skills
- Giving Feedback
- Taking Corrective Action
- Managing Change
- Insight and Action
8 to 24 hours (one to three day formats)
Training needs are our top priority
If you have a question, request or a concern, we want to help you. You may contact a Mercer Institute representative by e-mail with the form below.